In this lesson we learnt how to use a camera and also certain weather conditions where it is not possible unless you have an umbrella. We were introduced to safety rules and hazards that may be related to the camera.
We were given additional information on how to use a camera, for instance what button to press in order to zoom on to subject. In addition, we were shown how to focus on to the image by adjusting the lens. We also learnt about the ‘record’ button as well as ‘play’ and ‘pause’. We were also shown how to put the battery on the camera.
- If an emergency occurs you call the media department straight away and go straight home. These kinds of emergencies can be when your life is in danger.
- Never use the camera in the rain; you will be given umbrellas to use when it is raining for the cameras. Not for yourself.
- Do not perform any illegal actions such as film on a rail track or doing graffiti on a wall, or you will be disqualified.
- Never touch the lens or it will get damaged. Also because IT COST A LOT OF MONEY.
- Close the lens after you finish using the camera.
- Always hand the camera back to the media department as there are not enough cameras for all of the groups in the college. Also lesson are held after your class so in order for everyone to use the cameras, you need to give the camera back on time.
- You are allowed to barrow a camera for a day but you will need to give the camera back to the media department first thing at nine o’clock, the next morning. As lessons are held at nine o’clock in the morning.